Goons of Balatroon
A Free-To-Play 2D/3D metaverse based on the Ethereum blockchain that incorporates NFTs in a creative strategy game.
- Creative and detailed art
- Strong and active community
- Good marketing strategy
- No information about the team
- Unoriginal gameplay
- Information discrepancies on the website (number of NFT characters)
Q1 - 2023
- TCG Open Beta Launch
- $GOB Token Supply Burn
- $GOB LP Program Launch
- $CHUNKS Token Launch
- NFT Reward Migration to $CHUNKS
- Project Documentation Released on GiftBook
Q2 - 2023
- TCG Microwagering Game Mode Release
- TCG Mobile App Release
- TCG Rewards Module Launch
- $GOB Yield Farming Basket Launch
- Bods and Lands Metadata Looting
Q3 - 2023
- TCG Player Acquisition Program
- TCG Spectator Mode
- GOB DAO and Real-Yield Rewards dApp Launch
- $yGOB High-Yield Derivative
- Balatroon Blitz Closed Alpha Launch
Q4 - 2023
- TCG Twitch/Streaming Incentive Program
- TCG Moments & Social Integrations
- Balatroon Blitz Beta Live with Wagering Integration
About the Game
Goons of Balatroon is a blockchain-based strategy game in which players can challenge other users to card game battles using non-NFT and NFT cards.
Goons of Balatroon currently has two games:
- It is an auto-battler strategy game in which players battle each other in risk-based gameplay to earn rewards
- Players have to wage a set amount to enter the battle, and the winner takes the bigger piece
- The game consists of players choosing their preferred Goon avatar to go to battle. Each goon has its own strengths and weaknesses that will directly affect the outcome of the battle
- Goon avatars are NFTs that are not yet available and come in different rarities and classes. In total, there are 21 classes and 4 rarities. The rarer the Goon avatar, the better the statline stats get
- Players can upgrade their Goons
Goons of Balatroon Trading Card Game
It is a Free-To-Play card battle game with no requirements whatsoever. There are three different game modes in which players can participate:
- Constructed: players are allowed to bring a pre-built 30-card deck of cards for battle. They are given a 30-card deck at random, but they can regenerate, modify, and add their own cards to it before the battle
- Random: players are given a random deck of cards from the active card pool. This mode is targeted at beginners who want to get familiar with the game
- Challenge a friend: this is the most casual game mode, in which players invite their friends to play
Goons of Balatroon incorporates 3 Functional NFT types that help players evolve and grow within the game:
Goon Characters: The primary digital asset of this fantasy universe, Goon Characters are used to join battles and guarantee higher-level rewards. The ownership of these NFTs unlocks full economic access to the game, meaning they give access to the next NFT, the Goon Bods.
Goon Bods: Goon Bods are visual additions to Goon Characters. With Goon Bods NFTs, players can customize and enhance their Character bodies with unique animations such as dancing or moving, which are shown when the battle finishes and the winner celebrates.
Goon Cards: These NFTs are used by players to compete, and there is the chance to acquire different cards with higher levels in order to enhance battle strategies. NFT Goon Cards can be purchased, sold, and traded on the ImmutableX and TokenTrove marketplaces. Players can also buy a pack of cards from the official store to get five random cards. NFT cards come in different levels of rarity, types, and elements. Each one of them has its own strengths and weaknesses against other cards that can affect the battle, so strategy is key to winning the battle. There is also a free base card pool that allows users to play and understand how the game works with no need for investment.
Players must choose between the Bulas or Bairs factions, totaling 9,696 characters, with more to be released in the future. New NFT characters can be found in the Goon Store and on the secondary market.
There are also Crafting Stations, so players can improve their decks and discard undesirable cards by paying a fee and exchanging them for rare cards. Users can even mint a Goon Bod to upgrade and customize their avatars.
Goons of Balatroon is a Free-To-Play game. The player can launch the game without any NFTs just by accessing a pool of free non-NFT cards. In this mode, players will earn a fraction of the rewards a Goon owner would earn.
To obtain full access to the game economy, players must own or lease a Goon NFT.
$GOB is the in-game governance and rewards token. The fixed supply is 500,000,000.
- This token serves to add platform utility and power the game economy
- Using $GOB as a payment method guarantees a discounted price
- $GOB holders obtain voting power
$ETH is the native cryptocurrency of the Ethereum blockchain.
- Used to acquire in-game assets and pay for activities and game functions
Both can be used to purchase card packs, in-game purchase add-ons, and enter into lease agreements with holders.
The tokens will be used for the tournament rewards, to design contests and for referrals, as well as to increase the governance and engagement of the community.
$CHUNKS is the utility token of the game, with a total supply of 500,000,000.
Unfortunately the use cases are not specified.
- Players can stake their $GOB to receive additional $GOB
- Rewards are allocated to all stakers on a weekly basis
$GOB token can be earned by:
- Engaging in card battles and tournaments against other users
- Leasing Goon NFTs to other players to share game rewards
- Participating in various activities that support the game’s economy, such as staking
- Participating in special events and missions to get rewards from the pool, distributed daily
Players ranked in the top 200 leaderboard earn NFT-based rewards.
Holding Goon Avatars allows players to earn certain amount of $GOB each day.
“The Goons of Balatroon team wanted to create an imaginative and exciting gaming experience for people who like adventurous strategy games. Without hesitating, I would say this is one of the most psychedelic games I have ever seen, so if you like extravagant, crazy art, you will enjoy playing this blockchain F2P metaverse, which is inspired by humor and meme culture.
It seems that the team of developers had a clear idea of prioritizing the fundamental features of gaming, such as fun, wild ideas and graphics, without forgetting the importance of a well-structured tokenomics system to ensure users get rewarded fairly.
What I like less about Goons of Balatroon is that there is no detail on the team, which lowers the professionalism and credibility of the project. In addition, on their whitepaper, they state there are 9696 NFT characters but the roadmap mentions 9969. I hope they fix that discrepancy because we currently don't know which is correct. However, I believe this is a revolutionary metaverse with high potential due to its sustainable model and the diversity of the art on display.“
Social Networks and online presence