Log in
Join us
« Stella Fantasy Path of Survival »

LadderCaster

Published: 4 November 2022

Get your spellcaster to the top of the game board. Upgrade him and get rewards on your way up.

Basic information

LadderCaster combines elements of classic board games, market, and ladder, inspired by some of the best online games and blockchain and NFT technologies. The game should be Play-2-Earn with almost any asset being NFT. It will first be available for computers, followed by a mobile application.

Road Map

Q2 2022

  • NFT sale on Magic Eden.
  • First seasonal sale launch.
  • Exclusive seasonal NFT release.
  • Second seasonal sale launch.

Q3 2022

  • 3rd, 4th, and 5th season sales launch.
  • Searching for partners.
  • DAO structure prototype.
  • Rewards for staking $LADA.Technical documents for DAO.
  • Community Tooling Grants.
  • Pilot program – NFT rental.

Q4 2022

  • 6th, 7th, and 8th seasonal sales launch.
  • DAO structure implementation.
  • DAO setup.
  • Mobile app launch for Android and Apple.
  • P2P rental + guild system.

Q1 2023

  • DAO treasury unlock.
  • Full transfer into the community’s hands.
  • Project maintenance.

About the game

LadderCaster is a mobile strategy. The game is simple, just like playing a tabletop board game with thousands of other players at once. The goal is to level up the spellcaster from level 1 to level 30 before the next leaderboard (season) starts. Individual characters are NFTs. Using the materials collected each turn, they can gain skills, find and equip themselves with items, or craft them. Players can have any number of characters. The game board has 30 floors, and you try to get to the top as efficiently as possible by combining game assets.

Game map

The LadderCaster map is 3 columns wide and 30 floors high, with each floor representing a different level. Your characters will appear on random tiles. If you step on a resource tile, you have to burn your resource on it. There are three types of resources – fire, water and earth. Resource tiles have a lifespan of 3-6 rounds. New item crafting tiles have a lifespan of 1 round. Newly generated tiles are determined randomly. There is no maximum number of items in the game inventory. Owned resources can be shared by the player among his spellcasters.

Spellcasters

A spellcaster can have a level between 1 and 30. To get to a higher floor of the board game, your spellcaster also has to be of that level. You reach higher levels by burning resources. You can always equip one staff, robe, hat, and spellbook. All these items provide additional benefits.

A new spellcaster costs $LADA 1,000 until the token reaches the price of USD 1. After that, the new character will cost $LADA the equivalent of USD 1,000.

Items

These are the hat, staff, robe, and spellbook. We can only find items in chests or using spells. Each of the items has 5 abilities: power, magic, fire, earth, and water. We also have 4 tiers and rarity levels: common, rare, epic, and legendary.

Fire, earth, and water items increase stats when looting resources on tiles, magic increases the chance to discover a chest, and power increases the chance to loot a single tile twice.

Crafting

To craft a new item, it is necessary to burn 3 other items along with a certain number of resources. There is a 75% chance that the item will have the lowest rarity of the burnt items. If you are standing on a crafting tile, you have a 25% chance that the crafted item’s level will be one higher.

One season lasts 28 days, which is approximately 2,016 turns. After the season ends, everything resets and starts from the beginning. If you reach level 30 with a character, which is the highest level, you can exchange the character for a level 1 character. If you don’t, the character will be burned and a new one needs to be purchased.

Player requirements

You will probably have to play the game daily, at least if you want to reach level 30.

Tokenomics

Main token: $LADA

Total supply: 1,000,000,000

Network: Solana

Where to buy: Raydium, Jupiter


Staking

The game features the first $LADA token staking program:

Token staking will be divided into three levels, the aim of this classification is to reach all types of holders. The APRs listed below are only available for a limited time and will be adjusted as the game is updated.

Apprentice – An APR of 15% with no token lock-in period, this is ideal for holders who want to have the token available at any time.

Wizard – APR 30%, token lock period is 90 days.

GrandCaster – APR 60%, token lock-in period is 180 days.

Token staking is available here https://www.laddercaster.com/staking.

Monetization

LadderCaster will have a fully integrated marketplace for players to buy or sell all portable NFT assets including resources. At the beginning of the project, the marketplace function will be handled by Serum.

Rewards in $LADA will be distributed after the season ends. You can also sell NFTs. Resources should be in demand across the community as each month a new season begins where players will want to reach the top and may not be lucky in finding them. Similarly, special game items can be interesting for players.

Partners

Investors

Team

The project founders are the trio CalvinMaighan, Aidan Neil and Rea Loretta. The complete team is regularly updated in the whitepaper.

Analyst opinion

“I have to highlight how interesting the project is and its daring design choice to reset all of the progress once a month. This can both attract and discourage people. There will be no inequality between those who started earlier and the newcomers – It will be a new challenge every month without the project having to keep coming up with new concepts. At the same time, it can have a positive effect on the project economics. That makes sense to me. On the other hand, I don’t know how the project wants to burn NFTs that we will buy and own.

In contrast, the community is rather small, with a presence on only few social networks, and with low activity even on those where the project is present. This way the community will not grow much, and the project will fall into oblivion.

The project goals are ambitious, but I have a certain fear that the team will never be able to achieve them. I do not recommend investing in the project.”

Jan Záhora

Jan Záhora

Published: 4 November 2022

Discussion No Comments

Leave a Reply