- Anti-cheat system
- Game chat
- Governance token ($SILK) audited by Anchain.AI
- Blockchain experience not required
- Award-winning game design & dev company
- Supported on Mac
- No mobile app
- Regular content updates: e-sports, Project Sole
Q4 - 2022
- Official “Play-And-Earn” launch with SILK distribution
- Season 1 content update
- Pilot Program launch
- Project GYRI integration
Q3 - 2022
- Initial season 1 content reveal
- Sponsored tournament announced
- Launch date announced for Oct 31, 2022!
- First Mac version released
- Planetary node sale begins
- Planetary node system introduced
- New tournament build released
- Spider Tanks lite paper V1 published
Q2 - 2022
- May Mayhem events and tournaments throughout the month
- Over $1 million in GALA prizes distributed to players
- “Play-And-Earn” test version released
- Test coin distribution begins
- Tank body/weapon upgrade system introduced
Q1 - 2022
- Early release open playtest begins
- New maps released
- New tanks revealed
- Snoop Dogg teams up with Spider Tanks
- Snoop's Bumpin' Lowrider Hero Tank released
- Exclusive Snoop Spider Tanks tracks released
Q4 - 2021
- 5 Maps released as NFTs of different rarities (Safe Haven / Dragon Cave / Death Canyon / Jungle Temple / Artic Base)
- Santa's Slay Tank released
- 1st node tournament takes place
- Spider Tanks World Cup Seoul 2021
- Closed beta playtest opens
- Pink Skins support breast cancer awareness
- Scorpion Tank released
- Jacked O'Lantern released
Q3 - 2021
- Whale Shark Tank released
- Spider Tank Project approved on the Gala Games Ecosystem
- First community alpha playtest begins
About the Game
Spider Tanks is a multiplayer, Play-To-Earn strategy game with easy-to-grasp game mechanics for anyone to enjoy, regardless of their level of blockchain experience.
Players choose between a variety of tank bodies and weapons in preparation to do battle in Spider Tanks arena maps, which are owned by Map NFT Holders. An important element of the game is strategy, including how you and the other members of your three-man team work together.
Parameters for tank bodies, weapons and skills are still being tweaked to keep the game mechanics balanced. Although Spider Tanks is initially free to play, there are also opportunities to earn, for which players will be able to purchase, upgrade and trade their tanks, tank bodies and weapons in the Spider Tank store, as well as upgrading the rarities of these items.
All you need is a Gala Games account to start playing, i.e., an email address and password. A web3 wallet will be automatically created for you, then all you need to do is install the game via the Gala Launcher and launch it via the desktop shortcut. For now, updates are done via the Gala Games website.
PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K@3.3GHz / AMD FX firstname.lastname@example.orgGHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) / AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB)
Hard Drive: 4 GB of free space
OS: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K@3.5GHz / Ryzen 5 1500X@3.5GHz
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB) / AMD Radeon RX 580 (8GB)
Hard Drive: 4 GB of free space
$SILK is the official reward token for the Spider Tanks Game.
There is also a non-token currency used in the game called ‘Arachnium,’ which can be bought using $SILK or can be claimed after a game.
However, Arachnium that is bought or claimed cannot be exchanged for $SILK, as it is a non-token which isn’t on the blockchain.
You can use Arachnium for in-game purchases, such as upgrading tank bodies or weapons, upgrading rerolls, and energy repair (Energy Fix Option).
$SILK can also be used for other in-game activities, such as upgrading NFT items; purchasing tank NFTs, bodies, weapons, and hero tanks, upgrading maps, and upgrading planetary nodes.
In the future, players will be able to use $SILK to buy cosmetic items to modify the tanks, purchase boosts and unlock pro matches.
$SILK will be distributed in 2 different ways:
- Replacement Allowance - Will allow the distribution to NFT and Free-To-Play players
- Non-Replacement Allowance - Will allow $SILK distribution to planetary node operators, map NFT owners, and gala, gamedia and founder nodes
Players will initially receive Victory Points for participating in the Spider Tanks ecosystem, which can then be submitted for game token ($SILK) rewards or claimed as Arachnium (non-token game currency). Players can buy $SILK in a number of different situations.
If the player owns any combination of NFT (weapon, tank) when they win a match, they get VP (victory points), with the reward amount affected by the level and rarity of the NFT. Players who do not own any NFTs can participate in the game, but the rewards will be significantly lower.
In future, players will need to have $SILK in their wallet or treasury to be able to use their Victory Points.
The game’s development is the brainchild of GAMEDIA studio.
Dittmar Tukker - CEO GAMEDIA
Robin Herben - Lead Game Designer
Mathias Bruin - Game Designer (stáž)
"Spider Tanks strikes me as a solid game overall. It works as it should, the game is intense, and the graphics aren't bad. After playing for eight hours straight, it still retains its interest. There aren't many maps yet, but the developers are gradually creating more and more. The game has been in development since 2017, so I believe they have it almost finished, with a decent back-end. We will have to wait a while for the launch of Play-To-Earn, but in the meantime you can earn TESTSILK, which will be exchangeable for real SILK later on at a rate of 1:1."